Thursday, September 15, 2016

Monsters on a Beautiful Day

by: Natalie Medina

I sit here day after day, watching the laughing monsters. 
I see a blue butterfly. 
So faint and distant.
I found an escape from the stress. 
The world in slow motion. 
Bringing me back. 
I hit so hard. 
Pulling me back to the surface of reality. 
Faces and feet were all I could see. 
One by one, i have had to watch friends disappear. 
They were all sunshine inbodied in tiny bodies. 
Slimy faces and dirty fingers. 
They would get no standing ovation. 
I guess that is the reality of human creation. 
So inhumane yet so real. 
People can be mean. 
Sometimes we all just need a place to lean. 
A place to laugh, a place to smile. 
Some can not help but breakdown. And lose everything they know.
Forgetting everything right before the test oh say it ain't so. 
The stress overwhelms us. 
Help save our happiness, your happiness. 
Our childhood at risk. 
We all need a break sometime. 
To sit on the soft grass 
And watch the monsters pass. 
To somehow find beauty within the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment