Tuesday, August 16, 2016

CCW Found Poems

Patiently Drowning
And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over
into cold, cold water for you.
     I'm in danger of getting so lost.
     I'm bigger than my body,
     I'm bigger than these bones.
     But then again, is that part of the cost?
     Said I was the best simultaneously the worst.
     So many people whose problems I can't fix.
     It gets me thinking to question the same thing.
     And best case scenario, I should be cursed.
     I'm meaner than my demons,
     I'm colder than this home.
     For the rest of my life, for the rest of my life.
And although time may take us into different places,
     Well, I feel like I am cause I will
     never have you by my side.
I will still be patient with you.



Good Kids
He never promised that the cross would not get heavy,
But I'm beginning to think that I've been deceived,
So, lift your head, Cause we were good kids
feeling like you got nothing left, remembering he said help
would always come in time



Rising Up
Don't you ever give up
Until you find a place you feel secure
But no one wants to listen
So run til the race is won
And someday you'll return to this
Wherever in the spectrum you are.
We Will Never Give Up



Searching
People writing songs
Just let that word was over you
First
Right Now
I wanna seek you
It's all right here
If not us, then who?
And no one dare
First
Distribute the sound of silence
Love's healing hand will guide you through,
that voices never share.
If not me and you
I wanna seek you
It's time for us to do something.
Beginning.



Flat
I wish I could step back from that ledge.
I take a look at my life and realize there's nothing left.
I would understand if you do not want to see me again
He said, if you dare, come a little closer.

Even my mama thinks that my mind is good
I threw my soul in the air
I said show me the world
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Year after year, the same old fears
Wish you where here
You could cut ties with all the lies
And I would understand

All along it was a fever.
A cold sweat, that could not hold us back
Then we could travel by something
laughing so long, we're just two hot headed believers.



Know My Name
I fell in love with someone who doesn't even
Know my name, Know my name
Beauty Queen of only 18
Singing Sweet Songs
Of melodies pure and true
She had some trouble with herself
So darlin'
Don't forget who's takin' you home
And I know this, I'm ashamed
No No
Every little thing is gonna be alright
He was always there to help her
Singing don't worry about a thing
And in whose arms you're gonna be
She always belonged to someone else
So save the last dance for me
By my name I'm not talking bout the
name you call me
I'm talking bout who I am



Finding The Story
My head keeps spinning
have I done enough?
Confused about how my life will be beautiful
Who will tell my story?
Just know that these things will never
change for us at all
From the ground up
For worse or for better
If this is just the beginning
I will be all you need
And we'll build this love
Beside you I'll stand through the good and the bad
I don't go to sleep just keep grinning
Know when my time is up
I have done enough
Who will tell your story?



Keep Swimming
Everybody gets high sometimes, you know
So take a deep breath and make it move
When you don't part the waters I wish I could walk through
And I, waited my whole life, for you
But sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
So take  a deep breath, I will trust in you

I cry sometimes when I'm feeling low
You shouldn't be drowning on your own
You're a saint, you're a goddess
There's nothing better than you

No comments:

Post a Comment